Just as massage and physiotherapy benefits both humans and animals, acupressure does exactly the same thing. The advantages of acupressure on animals are immense and if you have experienced acupressure (or acupuncture) for yourself before, you’d probably want the same health benefits for your beloved pets.
Here are some health benefits of acupressure:
- Relieves muscle spasms
- Builds the immune system
- Benefits chronic health issues
- Strengthens muscles, tendons, joints, and bones
- Balance energy to optimize the body’s natural ability to heal
- Releases natural cortisone to reduce swelling and inflammation
- Releases endorphins necessary to increase energy or relieve pain
- Enhances mental clarity and calm required for focus in training and performance
- Resolves injuries more readily by increasing the blood supply and removing toxins.
Acupressure uses the physical touch of the hands and fingertips and is thus less scary than acupuncture. It can be done safely and if coupled with massage therapy is able to give your pet an amazing healing experience. Acupressure sessions are designed to help the pet’s body attain energetic balance (Balance of Qi – Yin & Yang) by releasing the flow of blocked energy, boosting deficient Qi or dissipating excess Qi. All these will aid to boost the body’s natural ability to heal from within – as it was designed to.
Acupressure sessions will be available upon request for an appointment with Zoe. Please call or sms to make an appointment for acupressure if you’d like to try it for your pet! The Pawsitive Team will continue to treat specific acupoints as designated by Zoe. Each session will last about 30 mins with some massage included. Cost: $48
Please note: Initial consultation is $48 + $30. First session includes taking of history for the pet in order for us to formulate a plan of approach for the acupressure sessions. This first session is usually longer – 40mins.
From 2013, we will be incorporating Immunity Boost and Wellness points into each session of massage at no extra cost. =) We sincerely wish each and every pet the best of health and happiness!